Welcome to the Web Site of the North West Essex Branch of CAMRA - The Campaign for Real Ale
The Branch covers the area of Essex north of the A120 and west of the old A131. This includes Saffron Walden, Stansted Mountfitchet, Great Dunmow, Great Yeldham, and the north west of Braintree (see Map of North West Essex Branch Boundary for details). It is one of several branches covering the County of Essex.
CAMRA is an independent, voluntary, consumer organisation which campaigns for real ale, real cider & perry, real pubs and consumer rights.
We've launched a Fair Deal For Your Local Campaign - a major campaign which aims to persuade the Government to finally implement far-reaching reforms to the tied pubco model.
We've also launched a List Your Local Campaign - a major campaign which aims to use new legislation to list local pubs as an "Asset of Community Value".
The Beer Duty Escalator is SCRAPPED! See The Campaign is won! article for more details.
Recent Local News / Local News
- Two Red Lions closed hopefully temporarily Wednesday 12th June 2013
- Growler & Madness bring us Gladness Sunday 9th June 2013
- Wenden Parva Second Brew arrived at the Bell Friday 31st May 2013
- Red Lion Great Sampford being bought by CAMRA member Sunday 26th May 2013
- Elmdon Dial shuts Sunday 19th May 2013
- White Lion has new tenants Tuesday 30th April 2013
- Purchase of Stag from Greene King completes Monday Friday 26th April 2013
National CAMRA News
- Guest Post from Toby Perkins MP: Pubco Reform
Toby Perkins is Shadow Minister for Small Business and Labour MP for Chesterfield Whilst any politician would obviously prefer to be making decisions in government, an effective opposition can
- MPs discuss the closure of The Porcupine pub in House of Commons
On the 21st May, MPs gathered in the House of Commons to discuss the impending conversion of the Porcupine Pub in Mottingham to a Lidl store. Local MP and former
- Porcupine pub campaigners secure a debate in Parliament
The Porcupine pub in Bromley, South East London is at the centre of a campaign to save it from demolition. The pub’s building can be dated back as far
- CAMRA Members Discount for Newbury’s Real Ale Raceday and JLT Lockinge Stakes
A pint of the best Great British ale in the ‘Crafty Filly’ and world class horse racing, what better combination? The Racecourse Newbury will host its most prestigious race of